2019 has been an interesting blend of exciting progress and tough challenges. We’ve had to dig deep at times but have committed to our solution finding approach. The 100 little things, become the 1000 little things. We love it, and we’re proud to say we’re in a good place for 2020.
- Definitely entering Twizel, we are excited about what we are seeing here and the uptake of regional business in Twizel and Wanaka.
- Completion of a couple of stunning projects in Christchurch, Wanaka and Twizel, working with great people and great design is a big part of why we love what we do.
- Capacity in the regions, the demand for builders and supply of materials is under pressure. Finding solutions to enable building growth whilst maintaining timeframes, budget, service and quality – it’s tricky.
- In Christchurch we’re finding that the balance of design and budget continues to be a challenge and ultimately impacts the lead time on projects.
2019 reflection and wisdom from the front line…
- Choose a builder and architect at the same time. Work with them both together to get the house and the price that works for you.
- Tendering the work doesn’t guarantee you find the best builder for you, generally it finds the one that will do it the at the lowest price. With the demand on builders, the tendering market doesn’t necessarily get the best participants, this is something to consider.
We must thank our clients – Our subbies – And our suppliers.
It takes a team to bring these projects to life. Your trust, comradery and support are always appreciated.
Next year we have some changes in the business to roll out, development in the regions and some great projects on the board, with scheduled starts locked in – it’s positive stuff.
If you’re pondering a new home over the holiday period – you know where to find us, we’d love to chat.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all the team at Casa Construction